||Web Production & Distribution:
Project Plan |
Proof of Concept
Beta Production |
Beta Delivery |
Final Delivery & Launch
Respond to Feedback & Errors
But it's not over yet. You may be required to maintain the site for some period of time.
- If you include a user feedback link, someone should be ready to read and answer user e-mail.
- If you've included a Web board where users can post their thoughts on your topic, someone will need to monitor those boards.
- If errors are found on the site after launch, you'll need to correct them to the extent possible.
- If your site includes links to external Web sites, there's a good chance of "link rot," where the sites cease to exist or their URLs change, and you'll need to arrange to keep such links current.
- Some sites, like ZOOM, are vested in weekly updates. If your site is designed for ongoing changes, you'll need a team in place year round. Consideration for dealing with incoming mail, images, or other user-generated data is key in budgeting and planning.
Children's Web Sites
> Web Production