Sample Workshop Agenda
Workshop Scheduling |
Sample Workshop Agenda
Sample Workshop Evaluation Questionnaire
Your project content and target audience will help dictate the agenda for your workshop. What follows are some suggestions for agenda items to get you started.
- Introduce the workshop.
- Review agenda and workshop goals.
- Go over housekeeping details, such as refreshments, breaks, restroom locations, and phones.
- Provide brief background on your project.
- Give a behind-the-scenes look at your project.
- Show a clip.
- Discuss the curriculum underpinning the series or the theme/content focus. You may want to do an in-depth session just on the content or curriculum, delivered by an expert.
- Review the accompanying resources so participants understand the scope of your project.
- Focus on how participants can benefit from your resources.
- Have educators become the students: Do a hands-on activity from your materials, or show a clip and model a discussion.
- If you have a number of resources you want educators to experience, consider setting up stations where small groups can do a hands-on activity, view and discuss a short classroom video, or explore the Web site using a scavenger hunt. (For the latter, make sure your room has a good Web connection. If it doesn't, bring a version of your site on a CD-ROM or hard drive.)
- Encourage input from participants.
- Once participants are somewhat familiar with your project and resources, elicit feedback from them about how they would use them. Encourage them to talk about where they would incorporate this content and how they would incorporate different types of media in their teaching. Use your easel and markers to record their ideas.
- Wrapping up
- Don't forget to distribute evaluation forms. If you have been taking notes, offer to e-mail participants the ideas they mentioned. Also consider setting up a listserv where participants can share stories about how they used the project materials. (Don't expect this part of the workshop to run itself. You'll need to nudge it along by planting questions and reports from the field.)
- If this was a train-the-trainer workshop and participants hosted their own trainings, consider shipping project materials to their homes instead of making them carry them.
> Workshop Planning